How do I draw realistic side view eyes?
This tutorial requires you to follow 5 steps to be able to draw a realistic side view eye drawing.
Tip: Repeat each step a few times to perfect your drawing.
1. Practise your oval shapes and follow your proportional lines (see Realistic Drawing – Front Eye View if you haven’t already).
2. Repeat step 1 to perfect your oval shapes.
3. Practise different side view eyes and both right and left eyes.
4. Draw iris and pupil (ova shapes).
5. Begin to draw eyelashes, follow your hand movements.
6. Finally draw the eyebrow(s).
Further your skills
The goal of this tutorial was to help you memorise the proportional rules. It’s essential to remember these steps you have learnt in this tutorial and practise them to improve your eye drawings. This tutorial will help you to draw any kind of side view eyes. If you would like to further your skills in realistic drawing please have a look at my other free tutorials.
Tip: For in-depth step by step training complete my Masterclass of Realistic Drawing and Shading Human Features.