Introduction to Portrait Drawing with Pencil
Welcome to the Introduction to Portrait Drawing with Pencil course! In this course you will learn how to draw human facial features, first separately and then when they all come together in a portrait! I will start from scratch and teach you all the ups and downs and the ways you can use in order to draw perfectly.
So, I start by introducing all the materials that you can use and what are the best ways to use them. At this part, you will learn about different pencils, where and how to use them to achieve the results you are looking for. Also, other tools accompanying your pencil set such as erasers will be introduced and their usages will be discussed.
Then, through a method in which you can use the axis lines as your guide to draw, I will teach you how to draw a woman’s eyes from different angles. After that, I will focus on female and male eye drawing, shading and hatching, a process in which you will learn how to draw and shade human eyes first separately and then when they come together on the face. This eye drawing and shading focused part is accompanied by an old man’s eye drawing and shading as well.
I will also focus on the nose and teach you how to observe, draw, hatch and then shade different types of human noses from different angles. Then moving on to how to draw and shade human lips and create its texture.
In this course, you will also learn how to combine all the facial features you have learned to draw and shade separately and draw a human portrait, step by step. In this way, you start from preliminary drawing and build up your portrait as you gradually add more layers and with them more details on them.
At the end of this course, you will learn how to draw from the old masters samples and try out drawing and shading different human portraits, baby, male and female in different positions.
By joining this course, you will get instant access to step by step video tutorials carefully designed to help you enhance your drawing easily. Each lesson in this course is accompanied with FREE additional resources such as outlines, grids and assignments to help you practice what you have learned.
In the chapters you will learn:
- A thorough introduction to tools and materials and how to use them
- A detailed introduction on human facial features, in different forms and from different angles
- How to combine what you have already learned in this course, and use different methods such as the axis and free hand method to draw.
- A complete guide to draw male, female and baby portraits from the old masters and learn from following their footsteps.
What I will learn?
- Different tools and materials used for drawing
- How to draw human features with pencil
- Learning the axis method
- How to draw and shade human eyes
- How to draw and shade human nose
- How to draw and shade human lips
- How to draw and shade human portraits
Drawing the human eye13:18
Male eye drawing and shading I55:56
Male eye drawing and shading II52:59
Two males eyes drawing47:39
Nose, Lips & Hands
Nose drawing and hatching01:35:42
Different hand drawings01:57:30
Complete Master Portraits
Portrait: Girl with a pear earring01:26:57
Manon Balletti complete portrait02:26:23
Leon Riesener by Eugène delacroix01:03:03
Student Ratings & Reviews
- Lessons with professional voiceover
- Grid downloads
- Outline downloads
- Pencils (Faber Castell or any brand drawing set)
- Kneaded eraser
- Art lovers
- Art students
- Anyone who wishes to learn how to draw from the basics and step by step