Procreate Illustration Course: Characters & Storytelling
Designing a character and telling a story through digital illustrations has never been easier than it is today, thanks to tools like the iPad and Procreate. With these tools, anyone can learn to create captivating illustrations and designs that bring their ideas to life.
This comprehensive course will teach you all the techniques, tips, and tricks of Procreate that are useful in character design and illustration. Whether you want to pursue a career in illustration, book design, or simply enjoy it as a hobby. You’ll learn how to create original characters, design storyboards and sketches, combine characters and stories.
Throughout the course, we will focus on the original Puss in Boots story as the main core of the curriculum. In the first chapter, we’ll work on a project together where you’ll learn how to work with Procreate and all the other capabilities of the application for character design and illustration.
The next step is learning how to work on a story for illustration. This includes reading a story and determining the main characters and their distinctive characteristics, deciding which scenes to work on, and remaining consistent throughout the work. We will work on all the main characters of the story together, creating an archive of all we need to start working on the main scenes.
Working on several scenes from the story, you will learn all you need to know about composition, storytelling, and adding details. Along the way, different techniques, detours, tips, and hacks used in illustration will be explained and applied on different samples.
All the lessons of this course are accompanied with FREE additional resources that will help you enter the field you love and practice what you have learned right away.
Throughout the 25 lessons of this course, you will learn how to use Procreate for character design and illustration. You’ll get familiar with the fundamentals of character design and illustration. Learn how to develop a unique style and maintain it throughout your work, and explore how to work on different scenes of a story while adding relevant details. Additionally, you will learn how to effectively tell a story through your illustrations.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills, knowledge, and resources needed to create captivating illustrations that bring your ideas to life.
What I will learn?
- Fundamentals of character design and illustration
- Developing a unique style in design
- Maintaining style throughout the work
- Working on different scenes of a story
- Adding all kinds of details and staying relevant
- Storytelling with illustrations
- Working on original characters and designs
- Designing storyboards and sketches
- Combining characters and story
- Creating brand new digital illustrations
- Techniques, detours, tips, and hacks used in illustration
- Different samples for applying techniques
- Composition, storytelling, and adding details
- Assignments to practice what you've learned
- Free additional resources such as outlines and grids
- Valuable knowledge and skills for pursuing a career in illustration or book design, or simply creating art as a hobby.
Introduction and Initial Brainstorm00:00
Original Character Sketch and Design
Cat Character Illustration00:00
Main Protagonist Character Illustration00:00
Rabbit Characters Illustrations00:00
King Character Illustration00:00
Princess Character Illustration00:00
Ghoul Character Illustration00:00
Mouse Character Illustration00:00
Farmer Character Illustration00:00
Original Storyboards and Illustrations
How to Create Character Boards00:00
Framework Design and Illustrations00:00
Add Details to Storyboard: Main Characters00:00
Developed Characters and Illustrations
Rabbit Storyboard Frame Details00:00
Cat Holding Rabbit Storyboard Frame00:00
Castle with Ghoul and Boy Storyboard Frame00:00
Marriage Scene: Changing Body gestures and Facial Expressions00:00
Color Understanding: Castle Scene00:00
Adding Small Changes to your Characters to Reflect the Story00:00
Marriage Scene: Creating Skin Tones, Textures and Details with Color00:00
How to Add Details with Color Whilst Retaining a Character’s Personality00:00
Realistic Puss in Boots Illustration in Procreate
Character “The Puss in Boots”: Outline Drawing00:00
Character “The Puss in Boots”: Hat, Cape and Boots00:00
Character “The Puss in Boots”: Facial Features00:00
Character “The Puss in Boots”: Fur Details00:00
Complete Character “The Puss in Boots”: Illustration00:00
- Fine liner
- Ipad with Procreate application installed
- Apple pen
- Art lovers
- Anyone who wants to learn character design and illustration
- Beginners who want to learn the fundamentals
- Artists who want to develop a unique style in design
- Individuals who want to pursue a career in illustration or book design
- Anyone who wants to create original characters and designs
- Individuals who want to tell a story through their illustrations